rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Japanese Military Rises Again

The Japanese Military Rises Again

It would be a good thing if Japan rebuilds its military. Right now, the country can't really defend itself adequately. They are in a rough neighborhood. You have North Korea and China with their own ancient axes to grind.

I've worked with the JSDF (Japan Self-Defense Forces) in the early 1990s in the Aibano training area, Japan. It was called Operation Forest Light.

They are very professional, even if a small force. Some of the old spirit is definitely still there. I can tell you that they are incredible experts at camoflage. I had never seen an entire helicopter camoflaged with sticks and branches before, but they did it.

And some of those guys are hard as hell. Short, muscular, and tough as nails.

Peace comes when there is a balance of power. America can't and shouldn't be everywhere. The best thing for Asia would be a balance of power, where all countries know that the other can bite. Right now, Japan has no deterrence against North Korea and China without America. It needs its own deterrence capability.

Messages In This Thread