rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Building a foundation with a foreign woman

Building a foundation with a foreign woman

For those of you who have married or dated long-term with a foreign woman, how did you build that relationship, that foundation? How did you get your mind around the cultural/identity/geography differences? How do you navigate these differences? If you marry and have children, how do you get your mind around having your relatives divided between two countries/cultures? How do your children develop solid identities?

Currently, I am dating a Mexican woman. We have the romance, attraction, common interests, starting to grasp each other's vibe; but we've already encountered some verbal/emotional miscommunications and the nuances of cultural differences, different identities, loyalties, etc. She's indomestiza Mexican, more first world/urban, but definitely not a fresa. She and her family are a good example of the emerging Mexican middle class. College-educated, Protestant/religious, American-savvy (she speaks fluent English and lived in the USA for several years when she was younger), well-travelled, planning to start a family business.

I'm an American white man, still working on my conversational Spanish skills and trying to learn more about Mexican culture and LTR game with a Mexican woman. I am fascinated with Mexico, but definitely feel a bit more naturally comfortable and partial to the more American/European-ish aspects of the country and culture. I haven't traveled much through the rest of LA, but from what I've studied/heard, I would also be more attracted to the regions that are more Western influenced (Argentina, Chile, urban Colombia, etc).

I also have some questions/concerns about how the future would look if I married a girl like this. She would probably come to the USA and have kids with me. When you do something like this, what do your kids become? American? Bi-cultural? Does your foreign wife Americanize some? Do you make compromises and sort of become at least a part of her culture as well? Will her culture accept you or always see you as somewhat foreign?

I'm just curious to hear stories of how some of you have gone about the cultural nuances, communication, logistics, families, and family identity. Any tips on LTR Game with Latin women would be appreciated as well. [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread