rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exercise Increases Brain Function

Exercise Increases Brain Function

This is a good article. It shows that some things are moving in the right direction but we also need to use common sense. We can’t always wait on the bureaucratic and sometimes corrupt medical, food, and drug industries to prove things that should be common sense.

The brain might be complex but it is still a physical part of the body. If exercise improves the health and functionality of the heart, lungs, muscles, bones, skin and everything else then why would the brain be different?

I remember listening to a neuroscience expert talk about how researchers (who already knew that aerobic training improves brain function) had recently discovered that resistance training "surprisingly" improves brain function similar to how aerobic training does. Strength is partially a function of the nervous system and the brain is part of the nervous system so I don't think a neuroscience PhD should be "surprised" that resistance training improves brain function.

I don't want to be the tin-foiled hat conspiracy theorist guy but I have a difficult time understanding why "This field is clearly in its infancy". Why aren't exercise, nutrition, and sleep the first few variables that researchers analyze when they are looking for solutions to brain issues from injuries to mental health problems?

Messages In This Thread