rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Failed Career Choice.

Failed Career Choice.

Quote: (09-18-2015 11:50 AM)storm Wrote:  

Quote: (09-16-2015 05:42 PM)jake1720 Wrote:  

Hey Everyone. I was looking for some opinions on what to do next in my life.

I was studying petroleum engineering and job placement was 200%, now it's near zero. I was expecting to have something out of college. Now, nothing at all. People are happy to simply have an interview -- nevermind 4 offers all 90k+ like years ago.
Grad school. Different engineering. Something generic like mechanical or chemical.

What jobs do people with degrees in mechanical and chemical engineering apply for?

Apply for those. Many jobs which require engineering degrees do massive retraining on the job (for example mechanical engineers at Ford), and with good networking and a solid pitch you will be able to get the job.

It will be much harder for you as a petroleum engineer to go into, for example, sales or real estate than mechanical engineering.

Avoid graduate school.

I was looking at sales. If I can do anything it is handle rejection very well from so much gaming.

Messages In This Thread