rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Failed Career Choice.

Failed Career Choice.

Quote: (09-17-2015 02:47 PM)Kissinger2014 Wrote:  

I would not recommend going abroad to teach English. Your skills and knowledgable base are going to atrophy. The downturn in the energy sector, while sharp and painful, is not likely to go on for years. You want to get a job that is tangential to what you've learned, especially since it's a hard science. Once the sector becomes back, you'll be positioned for a lateral move.

You can look into the sales engineering job (which is an industry that I don't know too much about). You can also take an accounting and corporate finance course, and, as someone else suggested, go after management consulting jobs and corporate finance jobs (think investment banking or equity research). If you can skillfully read 3D seismic imaging /date and related info and figure out how much recoverable oil there is in a given field, you will be in demand by many non-energy companies.

I agree with this.

Messages In This Thread