rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is there a fear of foriegn languages?

Why is there a fear of foriegn languages?

Quote: (09-16-2015 01:56 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

People aren't fearing the language, they're fearing you because you're bilingual. You're simply making them feel uncomfortable because it's equivalent to whispering about someone with someone else when they're looking. They feel uncomfortable because they don't understand what you're saying. It's one of those biological protection mechanisms. Even when dogs hear sounds they're not familiar with, they cock their heads back and forth like "what the fuck"

After a decade in China my Chinese is fluent/near fluent. I speak Chinese in China because it's their country, though many young Chinese people want to learn English to leave China.

On the other hand when I'm in the USA Chinese people living here ought to speak English because it's our language. Tourists with a translator is different. Unless i greet them in Chinese and desire to speak that language speak the language of the land or GTFO.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
入乡随俗

Messages In This Thread