rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Decline of Society is mainly due to Technology

The Decline of Society is mainly due to Technology

Much like the domestication of animals by humans, we humans have now been domesticated by technology. Our reliance on tech has created a dependence thus that we have lost our innate ability to survive in the wild.

Although the rational optimist in me likes to believe that there is no other better time in history to be alive, it is pretty hard to argue the fact that we as a society have irreversibly hitched our wagon to the machines, and in the same way that our pets if released into the wild will almost certainly die, if our technology ever fails us we too will not survive. A few stragglers may be able to eek out an existence and save the species, but 99% of us will simply disappear, probably quicker than you would think.

From a cultural aspect however, my opinion is that the actual decline in society is mainly due to the cult of materialism, which is merely facilitated by technology. Doesn't have to be that way though; that I believe IS reversible.

Messages In This Thread