rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman calls for ban of sexbots

Woman calls for ban of sexbots

It is already too late. We don't need technologically superior robot pussies. There are already guys out there who are in relationships (called "synthetic love") with dolls who they know are dolls and yet treat as if they were human. Guys like this dude:

[Image: IMG_3306.jpg]

Here is a whole article on him:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archiv...ve/279361/

It is from 2013, and he has been in relationships with dolls since 2000. It is already on its way. You don't even have to read the article, because you can guess what it will be like, right? First he admits that he knows it's a doll, and then, as if he NEVER EVEN SAID THAT, goes on and on about the back story of what he is now calling his girlfriends, and how he met the first one, and then he was in a BBC documentary about men who have relationships with dolls:

A documentary which you don't need to watch either.

Anyway, he goes on to say his other girlfriend (doll) saw him on the documentary (She didn't. Hadn't been fabricated yet.), and contacted him and moved from Russia to be with him (He saved up money to buy her, I mean to buy it.)

Anyway, I am sure you all see where this is going and how it isn't really all that different from anything else today.

Caitlynns, Furries, SJWs, whatever.

We human beings have a remarkable flaw in our minds, one which is perfectly exploited by the internet in many guises. The flaw is this:

We only need a little bit of reality to hang a dream on.

The internet didn't invent this. It has always been this way. I can sit around fantasizing about what I will do if I ever get rich. Sad, but I can do it. If, however, I buy a lottery ticket, I have just enough reality to hang a dream on, and it is almost as if the lottery ticket is the passageway between all my idle imaginings and the real world.

We have always had a layer of abstraction between ourselves and the world, and it is called our thoughts. However until the advent of the internet, if our crazy imaginings started to go too far, they would collide with a sensible shared reality.

Like, twenty years ago, I had a family member who became obsessed with Native American spirituality and culture. He tried to find a connection to reality beyond his idle wool gathering dreams and reality. He thought,

Maybe I am secretly Native American!

So he went down to the library and searched out all the genealogy material they had, and talked to as many members of our family as he could, thinking there must be Native American blood in there somewhere, there's just got to be!

And he finally came to the conclusion that there wasn't. He was just another white guy, albeit one who really liked Indians. He was no different from the little girl who is bored by her family and begins to think that she must be a princess raised in secret by a family not her own.

The point here, is that my family member didn't have the internet, didn't have access to message boards with a bunch of psychos like him. He didn't even have access to concepts like "transracial" and was thus unable to find any reasonable, acceptable way to extend the boundaries of his delusions.

Online life has added a whole new layer of abstraction between us and the actual world we live in, and it perfectly exploits the flaw of the human soul that says:

All I need is the tiniest connection to reality to hang my dreams on.

Now that you can find a community at any moment, without ever leaving the house, that is a group of like minded individuals (And hasn't that phrase suddenly become one that will raise the hairs on the back of your neck.), there is no reason not to get a doll instead of an actual woman, and no reason not to become a campaigner for the human rights of silicone dolls (Don't call them dolls! Die sentient scum!)

This has been going on for a while, will continue to go on, and, because of attention by the media with expand its influence, just as every other weird trend takes on popularity, and forks off into separate strains that can then hate and debate with each other. (I read somewhere that among people who have fetishized balloons, there is great debate over which is better, popping or non popping.)

Yeah. This will be a trend. In the seventies, the loveless sexless guy either absorbed the ridicule or pretended to have a girlfriend at another high school.

Now guys will not only have doll girlfriends, but will demand the right to marry them and you know how it will go. Only limited by the imagination.

It's like a guy who drinks instant coffee one day puts way too much of it in his cup and convinces himself he is drinking espresso.

Just enough reality to hang a dream on.

Play us out, Mills Brothers:

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread