rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

delete

delete

@Kosko, man, I think you're missing the boat on this one.

I'm going to take a bit of a contrary position to some of the posters here.

I think we're missing the bigger point here. Stop focusing on this "white student's club." The people trying to start this were, in my opinion, mostly trying to make a point. The opponents of this group are cleverly and conveniently shifting the issue to "racism" when the real issue here is about intellectual honesty. They are trying to link pride in Western culture to "racism" and thereby smear it.

We're overlooking--perhaps deliberately--the fact that modern universities have created an environment in which it is acceptable to celebrate every culture of the world except the European.

Multiculturalism, force-fed to us for many decades now, denigrates, minimizes, and obfuscates the key role that European civilization played in the shaping of the modern world.

Every major culture in the world has played a role in the forward movement of progress and knowledge. But what I think this incident is pointing out is a very simple truth: academia is systematically trying to whitewash the positive parts of Western civilization, and emphasize only the negatives (i.e., colonialism, etc.).

That's what this really is about. Look at this video:

http://www.studentsforwesterncivilizatio...video/cdyi

The people trying to create a "White Students' Union" may--or may not--have been closet racists. To me, that issue is irrelevant.

What is relevant is the reaction by the authorities to something as benign as this.

It's very easy to rationalize the overreaction of the authorities here. But we need to be asking the bigger question:

Why is Western Civilization a "dirty phrase" in the modern teaching environment?

To me, it is undeniable that there is a deliberate attempt to remove classical European learning from modern school curricula. This is simply undeniable.

European history, philosophy, science, literature, and music is now forced to take a back-seat to feminist studies, dubious "ethnic" studies, and other useless forms of "learning."

Classics are being purged of words that might "cause offense." Brilliant works of art and literature are being forgotten, ignored, or maligned.

That's the real issue here. And I think it's something that can't be ignored.

There are now several generations of people in the West who are totally ignorant of their heritage. This is a disgrace. A pure, utter disgrace. It started back in the 1960s and has gone on steadily since then.

I have spent a lot of effort writing about these things, in an effort to interest young guys in these subjects. And I will continue to do so until I take my last breath.

I think everyone should be proud of his history. Nothing wrong with that. But credit needs to be given where it is due, as well as assigning blame where it is due. Modern social justice warriors have forgotten the former, while obsessing over the latter.

Messages In This Thread