rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Southeast Asian city would you recommend?

What Southeast Asian city would you recommend?

Quote: (09-14-2015 03:45 PM)mau man Wrote:  

Youre right that Bangkok is awesome, though I've spent probably two months in total there between my trips. I purposefully left it out because I want a new city to experience.

Koh Somet intrigues me by the way. I'll definitely check it out next time I'm in the area.

Also thought up another good possibility reading through your Vietnam breakdown...Hoi An. I went maybe five years ago just for a day and had a blast. Didn't really get to experience much of it though beyond the surface. Can anybody vouch for it? Cost of living was cheap, lots of girls were out and about, big drinking culture, english proficiency seemed to be relaticely hugh thanks to all of the tourists. Anybody around here familiar with Hoi An?

Ah I see. Funny that you mention Hoi An. I was there a month ago. My second visit, first time was back in January 2012. Was there for a full week before going to Hanoi and Sapa and on to Myanmar. Started there because I felt it was the nicest place in Vietnam based on my first visit. I really liked it.

Compared to a few years back there are more tourists and certainly more Chinese tourists [Image: smile.gif] Still a great place though.

I can totally vouch for it. It is really cheap. I had a very good and big room with a good shower, fast wifi and breakfast for 20 us dollars a day. Met a lot of different people there, it's very easy to connect with people.

First time I was there I did not experience the drinking culture but its true. If you want to pick up girls it must be one of the easiest places in Asia. I am not a big fan of the backpacking type of girls since I prefer asian women but it sure is easy. There are a few places that are buzzing if you cross the old bridge and turn right. Maybe 3 to 4 places right next to each other. Always packed and there are after hour parties almost every night somewhere else in Hoi An. Met some Americans who were real approach machines and they always ended up with someone. Got a lot of homemade whiskey from locals as well.

English proficiency is quite high, I talked to some young Vietnamese girls there, apparently there are lots of girls working there in the tourist industry when having time of from school/university.

The food is really amazing, and very cheap and I also like the beach. Not too busy and great seafood with also one or two places that have decent live music at the end of a day. Go to An Bang beach. Cua Dai beach is not very good. Hoi An is also great because DaNang is not very far. Nice day trips on a motorbike. You should watch the Top Gear Vietnam special, when they cross the Hai Van Pass between Da Nang and Hue, an awesome ride. There are some genuine clubs in Danang, about a million people there so not a small place.

But Hoi An is my favorite place in Vietnam for sure, will probably go back next year. If you want to know anything else bout it let me know.

Messages In This Thread