rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm tired of all the "9-11 Never Forget" crap

I'm tired of all the "9-11 Never Forget" crap

People should really just get over it. YES it was tragic but for fuck's sake it'll soon be 2 decades ago. I just now surprised myself that it has actually been THAT long because the people keep bringing out that old tired dead horse and parading it around it feels like it happened just yesterday. Not because I'm that emotionally hit by it but because people simply refuse to let a tragedy rest in dignity.

Case in point:
Quote:Quote:

Believe it or not, that is the first time I became patriotic and was thinking of joining the military to do my part.
It was a perfect instrument to drum up army enlistment and carte blanche support for any kind of military measures for years to come, and it's still working! "Joining the military to do my part" what part? Sticking your dick into the beehive that is the Middle East, dicking around foreign countries? For what purpose, to enrich the guys who sent you there? That makes you feel patriotic?

The US is really egocentric about itself at times. We enjoy a perfectly secure geographical position, peace for centuries and then 1 event happens and the whole country goes into eternal shock and can't recover from it. While other countries have mass shootings and bombings and internal warfare and strife and people somehow manage to deal with it and go on about their life, our sheltered life has made us go into a catatonic state as soon as something out of the ordinary happens on our soil. Same thing happened during the Boston bombing, 2 nuts set off a couple bombs and the whole huge city completely shut down in panic.

And we still haven't learned probably the most obvious question from the 9/11 attacks: it doesn't feel good when someone else attacks you on your home soil. So why do we keep agitating and doing it to other nations' home turf and why are the people who are the most gung-ho about remember 9/11 also the first ones to support wars in foreign countries? Because I'm pretty sure that's how other people feel too when another drone shoots a rocket in the middle of the street or shoots the wrong house and the army goes "oh woops lol sorry, we thought there was a terrorist there. our mistake. no hard feelings, it's collateral damage, this shit happens"

Messages In This Thread