rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm tired of all the "9-11 Never Forget" crap

I'm tired of all the "9-11 Never Forget" crap

For everyone harping on me about the jokes, they are clearly jokes. I wouldn't make it though the day if I couldn't make jokes about even the darker parts of life. Are you guys equally offended when Daniel Tosh or Louis CK joke about 9/11? Linux, if I made a rape joke would you tell me to go say it to a victim of rape?

Like I said, obviously it's horrible when innocent people die. But why do we have to put the 9/11 victims on a pedestal? The example I was trying to make is that innocent people are killed all the time. It's sad but I'm not going to cry about it 14 years later.

Tuth put it best in the Look up, Bitch thread posted earlier.

Quote:Quote:

anonymous123 Wrote:
I don't think the 9/11 post is in good taste. I get the concept you are going after, but 9/11 hit a lot of us hard and some of us have ties in the wall street community with direct impact from that photo. I just think this one should be off limits.

You are the moderator. Your call.

Quote: (08-31-2014 04:38 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

@anonymous123: This forum does not provide trigger warnings for 13-year-old historical events. If an image that was once on the cover of Time Magazine has a crippling emotional effect on you, perhaps this isn't the right forum for you. Your use of feminist shaming language in the past seems to suggest that it isn't.

Furthermore, you should raise concerns like this over PM. Don't derail threads to create public drama.

Messages In This Thread