rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Staying informed on the world

Staying informed on the world

What sources of news and information do you guys use to stay current with events going on in the world? Who do you trust most to give fair reporting?

I used some Delta miles to buy a subscription to The Economist for the last year and think it's probably the best weekly news mag out there for general world coverage and keeping me up to date. I don't feel like it's dumbed down or entertainment-oriented. They use some words that make me bust out my dictionary. They seem fairly well balanced and have coverage about parts of the world you would think don't even exist if you only read American media.

I also have been watching the BBC America channel on cable and think it's way superior to CNN/FOX/MSNBC. The reporting is dry and dull but when it comes to news, that's probably what it should be. American media is very sensational and entertainment-oriented compared to other countries.

I used to also have a subscription to the Wilson Quarterly which is more of an intellectual journal going into deep analysis about current issues and ideas. I may re-subscribe soon.

What about you guys?

Messages In This Thread