rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The SMV thread - sexual market value

The SMV thread - sexual market value

Quote: (07-01-2016 06:39 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

This is quite a good thread, and it deserves to be bumped.

So...

Quote:Quote:

What have you done to successfully raise your SMV?

I have invested plenty of time, as well as money, since last year, in order to increase my SMV. Based upon observations from girls, I was like 7,5 (slightly above average).

First of all, I have started going to the gym again (started with 3 times a week, and now, 5). This was a huge priority from me, because I have lost a lot of muscle while being on active duty. I have regained what I have lost, I gained a little bit more. Tomorrow, I will swap to Mehdi's 5x5 stronglifts, to increase my strength and muscle mass further. Being built like a tank does indeed increase your SMV - despite all the media BS that girls hate that.

Second of all, I have upgraded my wardrobe significantly. Before, I used to have like 2 pair of jeans, several black shirts (like most guys) and a cheap suit that I bought for a high school prom, and which I rarely used thereafter.
Now, thanks to this forum (no joking, I am being truthful here - WIA deserves a honorably mention, by the way), I bought quite a new stuff -a lot of red (I used to believe only gays wear red) and bight colored shirts, some suits (charcoal, and striped charcoal) and a Tissot watch made of titanium (including the bracelet) - PRC100 model.

I also always rock Rayban Wayfarers, with black lenses, regardless of weather (I like being a hot mystery man). When you combine them with a slim fitted white shirt (so that your breasts and abs can be seen, buy one size smaller) and jeans...[Image: kissy.gif] Although I am far from looking like Arnie or Coleman, I have above average body for a guy in mid 20ties.

I can only imagine what will happen 365 days from now if I keep it up.

Also, in the near future, I am planning to buy a chopper, mainly thanks to Cappy (cool dude, check the videos that inspired me in the links below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bALxpFaHpa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGHdglbiWfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAzduG-3ME

All things considered, I think I have raised my SMV to 8/10 and I will not be stopping until I hit the very top (being 9.5/10 - 10/10 is pure perfection, which cannot be achieve). It will take a long time, as well as money, but I will do it. Anyone can really. Get up, and start working.

I listened to the first one. He has a few tidbits of truth but this is mostly exaggeration and ignorance of cars and the car business, and more importantly he is repeating a narrative. You have heard of narratives from SJWs who spew about rape culture etc. His narrative is far less dangerous but an unthoughtful narrative nonetheless. It's "nothing fancy is worth more than the basic version."

I differ with him not only about cars but about this philosophy which permeates his rant. I seek to live my life in an aspirational way and want to enjoy MORE comfort, more safety, and more innovation. What this guy is basically repeating is the tried Midwestern almost Amish view of prudent, spartan living. He doesn't see the folly in his own advice in Minnesota to young guys to get a bike instead of a car. Again it's not an "evil" philosophy as he presented it but taken to its extreme it would be.

German cars are safer, period. Mercedes and BMW consistently innovate and lead the industry. Lexus, which he lumps in together, are well made and finely tuned (and also safe).

He is also wrong about depreciation. The cars don't depreciate primarily because they are out of style. Most change style only every 7 years. How would that explain the difference of price according to him? The fact is with more miles comes more expense. If a new car is $100,000 and another one has 2000 miles it cant be worth the same as long as the buyer has the new option. The same car 15 years old and beat up and in need of repairs is $2000 not because primarily it is out of style but because it is much more of a liability.

He is partly right about the don't buy a car to impress girls bit, clearly if you are thinking only to impress girls you will magically attract gold-diggers. Where he misses the mark is: DO buy cars to GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS AS A MAN. Then the car, the man, the business, the game and attitude are a part of who you want to be and what you want to accomplish rather than chosen based on the perceived judgment of others.

If it is part of what you want for yourself is to do is drive a NEW Mustang and it is worth the money (and the opportunity cost of that money not being available for other consumption or investment) then do it.

Messages In This Thread