rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why so much emphasis on self-improvement instead of laziness like The Dude?

Why so much emphasis on self-improvement instead of laziness like The Dude?

Quote: (09-14-2015 05:25 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

I can see both points of view here.

Cardguy's problem was more related to high-intelligence: the ability to both identify and analyse patterns, and to visualise mental abstracts to such a degree the expected result of a process can be clearly-seen. As such, he can see there's no point physically-doing it because he knows what to expect, and, as such, his mind has instantly-moved on to something more intriguing.

As such, it can resemble self-defeatism and can easily lead to stagnation.

I have to deliberately-fight myself every step of the way to focus on something to completion, but it's a matter of tempering arrogance: I have to understand that not every result can be accurately-predicted, and that sometimes engaging in the process itself can lead your mind into other avenues that wouldn't otherwise have been revealed.

I don't know of said RVF member Cardguy, and that may work for closed systems but that also reeks of excuses and cognitive dissonance. If said individual was so good, he should apply his talents to the capital markets. Where is Cardguy's billions?

Ego is the enemy, it's hubris to think one can contemplate every possible result. And then being able to act on such thoughts concurrently in real time.

Messages In This Thread