rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why so much emphasis on self-improvement instead of laziness like The Dude?

Why so much emphasis on self-improvement instead of laziness like The Dude?

Quote: (09-13-2015 04:21 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

#1 I think is deep down the oldest years of his many can be his most cherished if he lives a life of improvement. He can observe his life and give wisdom to family and friends, he can leave real estate, or investments to enrich the lives of those he cares about most. He can see that his life had deep and direct impact on those he care about. Living a life to scrape by to not endure hardship I think would end in an empty feeling. We are all lucky to have each other on this planet and not be born animals or not at all. No one knows if there is a God. We only know we have each other in this entire reality. I think to live a full life it is worth putting in the extra work to be able to afford a bit more to others close to you.

I think the reasons have been stated well.

I also think there is a subset maybe 5% of men or less that I have known that would be truly happy in this lifestyle through old old age. They are usually the extreme hippy type that have done a lot of drugs or extreme surf junky type and truly let go of any fucks about status. They also on average are much more accepting of having mediocre looking kooky girls be their companion.

If you are one of these guys it may be the path for you, they do seem very happy, but I am pretty sure the failures of this group are great candidates to be homeless old men (loss of job/income, unexpected emergency expense, health condition will all crush you if you are a single old man with no wife, children, savings, and low income).

Also if you ever want to retire, I think retirement in your 20s seems awesome, so much energy don't need much $ to have fun, travel in hostels, eat cup o noodles. When you are older and have no job during the day and would have no money I think it could be rough just staring at death coming and not having money to at least go out with a bang so to speak (visiting relatives, traveling to nice places, having nice meals, entertainment, having a great home).

I haven't seen any homeless old people in the US (at least on the East Coast, maybe it's a West Coast thing). It seems that, for old people, there are always options such as section 8 housing or retirement homes paid for by Medicaid. By old, I mean, over 65.

Messages In This Thread