rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why so much emphasis on self-improvement instead of laziness like The Dude?

Why so much emphasis on self-improvement instead of laziness like The Dude?

Quote: (09-12-2015 04:00 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

There's nothing wrong with it when you're young. In fact women eat up the under achieving bad boy.

However, you're looking at works of fiction as reality. Sadly fiction isn't real. You also keenly leave out the fact that Lester dies [Image: tongue.gif]

The cold reality of the situation is once you leave your teens and 20s the quality of the type of women you'll get drops dramatically if you aren't working to improve yourself. Yes there will be exceptions, but why do you want to esteem to become the exception yourself? An underachieving dead end guy isn't cute, adorable, or "fixable" in a woman's eyes when he's 30,40,50, etc.

Not to mention, when you're at the bottom of the totem pole you will struggle to get quality things like clothes, good food, and a gym membership. As you age these things will take you from ugly old guy to distinguished. Without, well.

Do you really want to be living in a 3rd world shack making a pittance teaching kids to speak english?

I've noticed that people men and women who work dead end low paying jobs become miserable and "dead end" themselves. You can only live on manna for so long.

As Phoenix said, you're just waiting to die. Seems to me to be a waste of your time here on Earth.

well to me working in the rat race so you can make alot of money to impress women is like living like you're dead. That's what Lester says at the beginning when he has his advertising job

And while people with high-paying jobs may seem happy, they could be secretly totally miserable. Those movies illustrate this

People who've given up on the rat race and become aimless don't all seem miserable. For example, some have followed "Dudeism" (http://dudeism.com/whatisdudeism/) which advocates living like the Dude, and they don't all seem miserable since they follow Taoism, which advocates letting life flow instead of attaching to things and taking things so seriously

Messages In This Thread