rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obesity - Is it the Fault of the Fast Food Companies, Parents or Both?

Obesity - Is it the Fault of the Fast Food Companies, Parents or Both?

Companies will ALWAYS give people what they want, whether the company is a fast food chain or a housing developer. When a culture cares about their health, weight, and appearance more than they care about that fleeting rush of endorphins they get from eating fat and sugar saturated treats at every meal then companies will give them options. When "Supersize Me" guilted swathes of America into not supersizing themselves McD's added salads and other options. Marketing might tip the scales slightly but if a person falls for it they have no one but themselves to blame.

In answer to your question it comes down to more calories, about 25% more calories than 40 years ago.

Quote:Quote:

Americans on average now eat nearly 2,600 calories a day, almost 500 more than they did forty years ago, according to the USDA, which uses food production data, along with spoilage and waste estimates, to approximate per capita consumption.

Over 92% of the uptick in per capita caloric intake since 1970 is attributable to oils, fats, and grains. Thirty years ago, the combination was responsible for roughly 37% of our daily calories; today, it makes up closer to 47% of our diet.

I blame the fat parents and the fatties themselves. I eat fast food - grilled chicken sandwiches with tap water and no fries, or grilled chicken southwest salad, half-pack of dressing. I'm not fat.

[Image: calories.jpg]

Messages In This Thread