rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Comic that actually, really requires a trigger warning.

Comic that actually, really requires a trigger warning.

Quote: (09-05-2015 04:19 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

This is basically resentment of middle America and WASP culture.

We've seen this again and again from Hollywood: The idea that behind families like those in "The Donna Reed Show" were rife with abuse, alcoholism, violence, etc. This point of view tried to persuade us that the average church-going nuclear family is the cause of problems, not the solution.

I think this goes back the "sour grapes" theory I was espousing on my previous post.

It's the same mentality where people think that anyone who's wealthy or has some sort of ability above the norm either has acquired them in an unethical sense or were just given them on a silver platter or has some deep dark secret in the closet that if exposed would make them hypocrites.

Look at that clean cut white guy who takes his heterosexual family to the park on Sundays after church, he must secretly be molesting his children. Look at the pearl wearing housewife who dotes after her kids, she must be secretly hiding an Xanax addiction and so on.

It's all just a means of subliminal revenge against people that are seen as having things that the person angrily gnashing their teeth can't have. I'd say there's a big touch of teen angst rebellion that the person never quite outgrew - you rebel against something "safe" that's not really going to result in any negative consequences besides getting grounded or a finger wagging some old-fogey authority figure that no one thinks is cool anyways. If they actually wanted to rebel they would instead go against something that would bring down way more social and perhaps even financial consequences.

Messages In This Thread