rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Comic that actually, really requires a trigger warning.

Comic that actually, really requires a trigger warning.

This is basically resentment of middle America and WASP culture.

We've seen this again and again from Hollywood: The idea that behind families like those in "The Donna Reed Show" were rife with abuse, alcoholism, violence, etc. This point of view tried to persuade us that the average church-going nuclear family is the cause of problems, not the solution.

We might have bought this back in the 1980s when we had no larger frame of reference. But now we have instant access to studies and the like.

And what do they tell us? With one quick Google search I found a government study stating Single-Parent Families Cause Juvenile Crime and Kids of Single Parents More Likely to Witness Domestic Violence. Even the commies at NBC News had to admit that Children are at Higher Risk in Non-Traditional Homes. What about sexual abuse? Well, looks like Broken Families Increase Sexual Abuse Risk For Children.

I found all this in a few minutes. If we did real research, I'll bet we could find hundreds of studies and examples of how the non-nuclear family is more destructive to kids than the nuclear one. But anyone with basic observational skills grew up seeing this.

Seeing what? Well, there was the friend who had a chair broken over his back by his stepdad. The girlfriend who said she gave her first blowjob to her mom's boyfriend...when she was ten. The "single mom" ™ who was so over-the-top violent her daughters tracked down their fathers and went to live there. Then there was the single mom who dumped her kid with her boyfriend to move cross country with a new boyfriend she'd met online.

None of these are fictional examples, sad to say.

It's the biggest cliche in the world to pick on nuclear families. I dare any comic strip artist to do some drawings depicting what I just described above. That would be daring.

Messages In This Thread