rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kentucky clerk jailed for refusing to issue gay marriage licences

Kentucky clerk jailed for refusing to issue gay marriage licences

Quote: (09-04-2015 06:22 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Quote: (09-04-2015 05:53 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

No I'm trying to turn it towards nullification. If a branch of the federal government is violating the constitutional separation of powers, state executives are within their right to resist. If they don't, this just keeps edging towards a federal 'decision' that the states are non-entities and that the US is a unitary state.
The prohibition of gay marriage was deemed unconstitutional by the supreme court as it violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the 14th amendment. They are the final word on the subject. I'm not sure what is to be nullified.

Porsche, are you actually one of the justices by any chance? Your tone reminds me of the way the bully's side kick talks in a kids cartoon.

I can't imagine why any one would have so much deference to the opinion of a panel of unelected lawyers, who frequently legislate from the bench based on their political desires. I suppose if they decided that 'hate speech' wasn't protected by the 1st amendment, or that possessing handguns wasn't protected by the 2nd (which nearly happened by the way, 4-5), you'd be vigorously declaring "the final word has been had! bend over and accept the 'interpretation' of your masters!".

Messages In This Thread