rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fast Eddie's Shanghai venture

Fast Eddie's Shanghai venture

@Phoenix

Yeah man, I wasn't thinking of keeping the job indefinitely, as that would start eating into my energy levels real fast being up all night week after week. I was really considering whether I should quit now, or in a couple weeks. Every day that I don't quit is basically another $200 in my account, so it would make sense to milk that as long as feasible.

So I made up my mind and decided to do what Brodiaga essentially suggested. I will fly to China this weekend. Fortuitously, next Monday is labor day in the US, so it's only a 4 day week. I will use my remaining 3 vacation days to erase Tuesday through Thursday, and then just coast through Friday. Nothing usually happens on Fridays in consulting, anyway.

Then the week of 9/14 I will give them my 2 week notice. Of course, they will say that since I'm on the bench and not billing, they don't need me to stick around for another 2 weeks collecting paychecks from them for doing nothing, haha. I do hope they at least let me make it through the end of that week though. I think I may declare it on a Wednesday to make it more likely[Image: banana.gif]

@Elcid

I'm sure there is probably a 20 page treatise that could be written on the topic, but could you very briefly describe why you say that? What's the fare to award mile ratio for a ticket that one should exceed before it makes sense to use miles rather than paying the $$$?

@Chemistry

I do not live in NO, so there is no way to make that itinerary work. Thanks for looking though.

Messages In This Thread