rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chrissie Hynde Criticized for comments about Rape

Chrissie Hynde Criticized for comments about Rape

I'm surprised (or maybe not so surprised) that no journalist has mentioned this incident was clearly referenced in the classic Pretenders song "Tattooed Love Boys," from the first album.

Hynde's quote for the article is basically the second verse. Her quote:

"You can't f--- about with people, especially people who wear 'I Heart Rape' and 'On Your Knees' badges ... Those motorcycle gangs, that's what they do... But if I'm being very lairy and putting it about and being provocative, then you are enticing someone who's already unhinged – don't do that. Come on! That's common sense. You know, if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him."

The verse:

"I went apewire 'cause I thought
Like I'd like it little tease
But I didn't mean it
But you mess with the goods doll, honey you gotta pay, yeah"

Then there's another line from the song that was quoted a lot by reviewers: "I shot my mouth off and you showed me what that hole was for."

So this really should come as no shock to anyone who was listening.

I wonder if she'll admit to a teenage lesbian affair next, because I always thought she touched on that in a song on the second album, "Birds of Paradise:"

"Now once upon a time my mind still there wanders
Back in the room the things I remember
One time when we took off our clothes
But you were cryin', cryin'"

This song begins with the line "I wrote a letter to you my friend," and I'm pretty sure the friend in question is female -- from the tone of the lyrics to the "crying" reference above. After all, what guy cries when he and a girl take off their clothes?!

Messages In This Thread