rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A New Front In The War?: "Why Gender Equality Requires More Tax Revenue"

A New Front In The War?: "Why Gender Equality Requires More Tax Revenue"

Quote: (08-31-2015 12:06 AM)262 Wrote:  

In the long run, I don't worry about things like this because of economics. In this case, from your quote, it seems they assume that tax revenues can simply be raised at will forever. The catch you and I know, of course, is that tax revenue has to come from somewhere, namely the private sector. And unlike the government, a truly private sector isn't obligated to operate. It can move abroad, be replaced by better competition abroad (especially if they're not allowed to move abroad), or simply shut down (even in the case of a world government). In any case, no more tax revenue.

I think it's even closer than that - namely, the Laffer Curve. It suggests there's a threshold of GDP that you can extract from a population by taxation revenue, and no matter how draconian your revenue legislation, it never gets any higher. It's simply because people respond to incentives -- in either direction. But then SJWs don't really understand how people think anyway, so why should we be surprised?

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread