rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Playa del Carmen as of August 2015

Playa del Carmen as of August 2015

Quote: (08-05-2017 01:49 AM)kongzi Wrote:  

I'm seriously planning a trip here soon. That is, in about a week or so. I have some questions

-I'll be traveling solo. Although I struggle with introversion, I'm primarily interested in meeting people, making friends, and approaching. Is this possible if I'll be coming alone? Or does nearly everyone come with friends or family? Getting lays isn't as important, but I'd still like to improve my beginner-level game.

-If I can only speak very basic Spanish, is Playa del Carmen good for what I'm looking for? Or do you guys recommend other party destinations in Latin America?

-I see in the weather forecast next week, it predicts thunderstorms with a 50-80% chance of rain. How seriously should I take these forecasts? Do the thunderstorms last for most of the day or just a short time? Will it not be possible to snorkel or scuba dive as a result?

I went there with a friend just two months ago, so I can give some fresh advice.

Gotta be honest - if traveling solo, the Mayan Riviera in general isn't the place I'd go (with the exception of maybe a hostel in Tulum). You're surrounded by people on their honeymoons or romantic getaways. It'd be like going to a theme park alone.
You're more likely to meet success elsewhere, like Mexico City, or the beach towns in Colombia or Costa Rica. (Incidentally, most people you encounter in CR will also know some amount of English).

To answer your other question - yes, most everyone in Playa will speak English. Incidentally, if you're going primarily because you're attracted to latinas, then the whole Mayan Riviera is a bad call altogether. I'd be like someone from Brazil traveling to Gallup, New Mexico or a North Dakota reservation because they're attracted to white people. Virtually every Mexican in the Yucatan is full-blooded mayan.

Messages In This Thread