rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Playa del Carmen as of August 2015

Playa del Carmen as of August 2015

Quote: (01-17-2017 06:49 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (01-17-2017 06:31 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2017 01:22 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2017 11:54 AM)Luvianka Wrote:  

Guys,
Never take the 'Colectivo'. That's the public transportation service for locals. And public transportation for locals has one single rule -There are no rules.
Yes, the last 15 days of December and the very first week of January the place is completely booked out, and all the prices inflated. Avoid these days.
As for the shooting in the Parrot, it's all your fault, gringos -You just want to have drugs and more drugs, and we, Mexicans, are ready to supply them... Just kidding, guys. It's a tragedy, but unfortunaltely it was just a matter of time, the place is flooded with drugs. But the place will recover soon.

I made the prediction in private to other forum members and some other people that this stuff would start happening and would continue until this drug stuff on La Quinta and 12th is almost completely gone. Am I psychic? Hell no, but I have over thirty years experience travelling to multiple Mexican cities and when I can't walk literally a few feet on La Quinta without someone being in my face trying to sell me drugs, it's painfully obvious that things are about to pop off. While last night's events were tragic, that's nothing compared to what will very likely happen in Playa over the next two years or so. When you have literally thousands of guys in a very small space, doing the same illegal thing, most of whom aren't making jack fucking shit, what do you think is going to happen? Once the smoke clears from all the violence and the amount of pinches fregones is finally minimal, I will consider going back.

I tend to agree, but, according to most Mexican analysts, this very sad incident is and will remain an isolated occurrence, as the Zeta somehow control (and milk) the place, and obviously don't want to frighten the tourists...

http://www.clarin.com/mundo/mexico-playa...7iiIg.html

"Los Zetas no hacen esto porque van a matar su propio negocio"

I agree that this particular type of incident probably won't happen too much, if at all, in the future, but a ton of violence among guys in the drug trade in Playa is on the way. I've heard countless different versions of what actually happened at Blue Parrot and the only one which makes sense to me is the one where a group of guys were trying to get into Blue Parrot, refused to be patted down, were refused entry, then two of the guys opened fire on the security, forced themselves into the club, and started shooting inside. People film and take pictures of every goddamn thing all the fucking time to post on Instagram or whatever the hell it is, yet there are no videos or pictures of the actual shooting in existence. There are some videos or pictures, but ever single one of them was taken after the fact.

Edit: For whatever reason, that article which Going Strong linked was written by an Argentine.

The reason being, it's an article taken from the biggest, most influential newspaper (in Spanish-language) in the whole world, Clarin, which happens to be Argentine. Clarin is a very solid and (the most) respected (main-stream) source of information on all Latin American issues, of course. I have no hesitations quoting it, or La Nacion, because they are like, 98% trustworthy (for Clarin), and 99% trustworthy (La Nacion).

On a side note, Playa is full of Argentines, especially (not wealthy) beach-going players. Hard competition for young backpacking female tourists...

Messages In This Thread