rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beyond The Wall Datasheet - Northern MN/BWCA

Beyond The Wall Datasheet - Northern MN/BWCA

Quote: (08-29-2015 05:41 PM)Osiris Wrote:  

During winter you can often see the northern lights (again, I never have, but I seem to be the only one).

Watch for deer and moose on the roads. Don't hit a moose, whatever the fuck you do. Don't swerve to avoid deer, ram those fuckers head on instead of becoming a statistic. Deer hit by cars in MN are fair game to anyone with a hunting license.

Questions? Thoughts? Things I forgot to include?

That's pretty far south to see the Northern Lights, though I have heard there are sometimes good sightings in the northern Mid-West. Probably not reliable though.

Ja, the rule is almost not to swerve for anything in the road, even people. I understand that people who drive passenger buses are trained and instructed not to swerve, ever. Just use a certain breaking technique. But it is a difficult to actually apply this rule, even for deer. Let alone people. Your first instinct is to swerve.

What would you say the percentage of Scandinavian heritage there is in MN now? i know historically it has been high. But I guess it's ore mixed nowadays?

Messages In This Thread