rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Narcos: New Netflix Series About Pablo Escobar

Narcos: New Netflix Series About Pablo Escobar

I liked season 3.

The Chief of Security was quite relatable as a guy that was drawn into the web of organised crime and realised too late that he was trapped. I'm glad that he understood what the killing of his predecessor meant for him and immediately started looking for ways to save himself and his family. For all the talk of the subtle, businesslike and gentlemanly behaviour of the Cali Cartel at the start of the series, it was clear that they quickly devolved into the barbarism of the Medellin cartel as soon as their leader was imprisoned.

I don't understand how these criminals for all of their wits and caginess don't know that by showing you are willing to arbitrarily kill completely loyal men that you are signing your own death warrant. I see this crap time and again in mobster movies; leaders drunk with power, killing followers out of paranoia or a sadistic joy of the act and it always leads to their downfall. I guess even though Narcos is based on a true story, this trope is probably just inserted to increase drama and didn't actually go down that way. I just can't see anyone being that dumb in real life. You can't build organisations when all sense of loyalty and trust is destroyed. Fear can only get you so far.

Besides that, I'm looking forward to the next season. Apparently one of the producers was killed while scouting in Mexico.

Quote:Quote:

Carlos Muñoz Portal traveled to that country to search for shooting locations in the state of Mexico which is located near the border with Hidalgo. Officials found his body was found inside his vehicle in the town of San Bartolo Actopan, Infobae reported. The film company issued a short statement acknowledging the filmmaker’s passing — claiming that the case was still under investigation.

Maybe the local druglords thought extra attention would be bad for business. I figure that horse has already bolted after the success of the Sicario film.

Edit: Higgs Bosun beat me too it, damn.

Messages In This Thread