rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with culture shock and the rage that ensues?

Dealing with culture shock and the rage that ensues?

Fortis - It could be that China just isn’t “right” for you… It could be something as simple as you being located in the wrong part of the city and you don’t get the right experience or your personality doesn’t vibe with China.

I was born and raised in UK and I moved to downtown Los Angeles, near MacArthur Park and the area was a shithole back then. London was the city that I was used to and LA didn’t compare in my opinion. I also had no car back then and the public transport in LA is terrible. Once I bought a car things got a lot better. I like LA now and I would miss it if I left. However, people who know me well tell me that my personality is way more NYC than LA…maybe one day I will move to NYC for the experience.

I don’t know how easy it is for you but if I was in your shoes I would try to make local friends and see where it goes from there. Easier said than done though – that’s hard in Los Angeles, let alone China.

Give it a few more months and if things don’t get better I think you should leave. China may not be for you.

Robreke – I get what youre saying there but sometimes once you learn about a culture you may end up disliking it even more. I have very negative feelings towards many aspects of Indian culture and I know the culture very well.

If you think China is stressful India is worse. It’s hotter, dirtier and there’s way less chance of getting laid there. You’ll hear about many US or Canadians raised of Chinese descent moving to China for a couple of years, but when’s the last time you heard of an Indian from the west moving to India? It’s VERY rare.

Messages In This Thread