rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting annoyed by trivial things

Getting annoyed by trivial things

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
William Shakespeare, from Macbeth

For me the trick was to truly learn to not give a shit. I mean about anything, Abso fucking lutely nothing. I don't mean being depressed or suicidal. More like a state of apathy that was a blank canvas.

Sort of like this

"That's why I'm here"

Then I chose a handful of those things that I wanted to matter (travel, sex, surfing, scuba diving, reading, films, etc) and pursued them with passion. Now only the things that I'm passionate about matter and so little things don't even blip my radar.

I know all of this sounds cliche' , vague and overly simplistic. And if I had more time today I'd share more detail of my personal journey. I will suggest that you search for reading materials about "controlling one's mental state". Like anything else one might want to change it's only possible if you take action with conviction. You've posted here and that's a great first step so youre on the road already.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread