rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beware of I.R.S. scams

Beware of I.R.S. scams

After I finished in court this morning, I saw that I had a missed call from a Washington State number. I checked my voicemail messages and I had an automated message saying that the I.R.S. has filed a lawsuit against me and for more information, I could call this Washington State number. It didn't sound right, but I don't like to ignore phone calls, even garbage phone calls. When I called, a guy with a heavy South Asian accent said that a lawsuit had been initiated against me by the I.R.S., that criminal charges had also been filed, and that if this were not taken care of within seventy two hours, that I would be arrested. The guy said that this was for underpayment of taxes during the years 2012 to 2014 and that if I paid a pretty modest amount of money by moneygram or by credit or debit card, that would take care of the problem. The funny part is that I owe exponentially more than that amount just for the year 2014 and I will be paying it off in about six weeks. For the years 2012 and 2013, I paid all taxes plus late fees and never heard anything back from the I.R.S. My understanding is that the I.R.S. always sends you notices and/or visits you if there is some kind of problem. It couldn't be any more obvious that this was a scam. Has anybody else received a call like this and if so, have you reported the people who are doing this?

Messages In This Thread