rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Judging, red flags and Buddhism

Judging, red flags and Buddhism

I agree and disagree with Mage.

Perspective wise, I was an amateur buddhist before I became a legitimate christian. The meditative practices of buddhism are excellent for settling one's mind for discernment, prayer or in some cases divine direction when seeking an answer.

The book of proverbs is full of scripture warning men to stay away from sluts, thieves, idiots etc or else you will end up in the same boat they are. At the same time, Christians are advised to bear testimony and charity to these people. To me that line is, help the homeless, talk with the worn out slut that laments that she can't find a man, go for breakfast with your buddy that is an angry drunk but don't share your life with them. Don't share your home with a drug addict that will rob you in a moment of weakness, don't get into a relationship with a slut that will cheat on you, don't go out to the bar with someone that will drag you into a fight and a night in jail...but certainly pray for their well being.

To think that you can have these sorts of low down and broken people in your life and not be dragged down with them is self riteousness. You'll slide right down into the pit with them.

I think thats what meant by 'judgement' vs. 'assessment'. To cast judgement is also to determine punishment...again Romans 12:19 "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord". I take this as meaning, don't go all Frank Castle/Punisher and starting dishing out "justice" on every slut you see. At the same time, you are supposed to beware of danger and corrupting influences...and avoid them, or as Mage says "cast them out of your life"

Assessing a situation through meditation and prayer and then putting distance between your life and that person to reduce your own risk certainly isn't biblically judgemental. Like I tell my white knight buddy at the gym...you don't have to date a girl in order to help her....aka "that chick needs a bible more than she needs a boyfriend"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread