rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Canadian Experience scam

The Canadian Experience scam

Every country has the right to make its own standards. I have lived and worked in Toronto, Qatar and Colombia for employers in those places.
Qatar- unless you have a license etc, good luck entering. There isn't some human rights commission that will sue on your behalf if you don't meet the country's standards. This applies to many other countries as well. In Toronto you have lawyers, PhDs etc driving cabs. In Qatar, they may be working in their respective fields but on salaries much lower than others because they aren't from a certain country or local. At least they are working in their fields.
Colombia- good luck getting a certain job if you don't have the certain quals according to their standards. Teaching English isn't some job I'm talking about, but being a lawyer, or doctor etc.

Canada- if locals need to pass a test, so does everybody else. I had to do it. I have to run through hoops to work in other countries, so should they. Quid pro quo. It's terrible that nurses etc have to be cleaners when they move here, but standards need to be met. There is too much corruption in other countries and this may have ruined it for others. Exams being forged, diplomas being bought etc.

I am and am sure most are 100% for having the best in their country. Best doctors, engineers etc. doesn't matter from where. However, I don't think the government is discriminating against immigrants with foreign quals, they would not bring them in. Bridging programs should be funded more and make the transition smoother; however, standards and all tests need to be passed etc. having strict standards is one reason why there was and hopefully be more economic prosperity in Canada.

Messages In This Thread