rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wife Hunting Abroad

Wife Hunting Abroad

@GreenHills ..typo ...it was the in law's that wanted the kids to speak polish and when the in law's came over they purposely only spoke polish to the kids. Even after they were informed how it made my friend uncomfortable.

Canada's huge on bringing in " generational family members" from other countries. I've been around tons of cultures I've seen Ukrainian babuskas (grandmothers) doing daycare for kids and those sweet grannies speak nothing but ukrainian to the kids ...as do chinese grannies..e.t.c.

It's a conscience choice by couples to "permanently move" to one country or the other...there is nothing wrong with having children learn a little of the old countries culture/language...and then there is going "over board on it"

That's why my preference is to adapt to another country and learn it's language and go from there...(still treated like an outsider regardless but I accepted it up front) and the primary language the kids will use

Messages In This Thread