rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Read Body Language - Datasheet

How to Read Body Language - Datasheet

Outstanding!!! Body language has always fascinated me and I've learned a lot about it from one of the well respected gurus in that field. I was ready +1 CleanSlate after reading the introduction.

Quote: (08-20-2015 08:08 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

When a person tells a lie, there will be a mismatch between what the person is saying and the body language signs the person is giving. Even when you’re not aware, you are seeing and hearing these incongruencies. Think of the last time you walked away from a conversation feeling puzzled… that something didn’t feel quite right, but you couldn’t quite put your finger on it? That’s it - you’ve subconsciously picked up on an incongruency, or a conflict between what you heard and the person’s body language.
This is one of the most important aspects of body language. Your brain has processed thousands of interactions with other people in your life and your subconscious mind knows things that your conscious mind isn't aware of. Trust your gut.

Quote: (08-20-2015 08:08 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

1. The liar smiles less
If you’ve seen this person smile and know how often the person smiles when he talks, you’ll have a baseline for how much he smiles. Contrary to what many people believe, when he tells a lie he’d smile less, not more. Many people expect liars to smile or laugh because they’re nervous. So, to feign honesty, seasoned liars would do the opposite of what people expect.
This is true but there are also situations where the liar will have a slight smile that they are trying to suppress. It is known as "duping delight". The liar receives some pleasure from thinking they have tricked you hence their happiness is communicated through a smile but they try to suppress it.

Quote: (10-13-2015 11:17 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

The original post in this thread is one of the better posts on the forum. I agree with most of what Clean Slate is saying, but I don't go nearly as deep as he does in analyzing body language.
I don't think any of us are going to be able to go as deep as CleanSlate does. Pick a few of the concepts and focus on those until you are ready to take things further and always remember to trust your gut. I've done this and gradually increased my ability to decipher some of the specific gestures.

Messages In This Thread