rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arachnophobes Beware: Spiders' Massive Webs Take Over Part Of Texas Park

Arachnophobes Beware: Spiders' Massive Webs Take Over Part Of Texas Park

Quote: (11-20-2015 01:33 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

I wouldn't cross under that web:

[Image: Huge-spiders-web-in-Texas.jpg]

I heard once that it's possible our basic fear of spiders stems from something very primal in our evolutionary cycle. Back when CO2 levels and temperatures were much higher (and humans could still survive there and prosper even better by the way) spider were massive:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

A spider the size of a large dog would be indeed an incredibly dangerous predator, since their speed, strength and poison would make them some of the most lethal killers ever. Also their alien look and eating habits of capturing prey and liquidating them alive is much worse than what a dinosaur would do to you.

Also - we should not have any false sentimatily towards nature. If you leave nature free will, then it will kill you. We create houses and more habitable areas so that we can live in peace - we even invite friendly animals like cats and dogs into our houses. Nature first and foremost is a lethal killer.

I seriously doubt there were "large dog sized spiders" anywhere remotely relative to human history or any period of time for that matter.

Humans have an evolutionary fear of spiders, snakes, etc. because they are poisonous and kill people. Not because 120 lb spiders roamed the earth 100,000 years ago with our hunter/gatherer ancestors.

Messages In This Thread