rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arachnophobes Beware: Spiders' Massive Webs Take Over Part Of Texas Park

Arachnophobes Beware: Spiders' Massive Webs Take Over Part Of Texas Park

TK, I don't really feel like going on a ghost buster's mission hunting black widows in my musty garage so you'll just have to take my word for it. But I have seen enough of them (with the red hourglass) to where they are a relatively common occurence. Ill take a pic if a happen across one though.

The most recent time, about 3 years ago, I was bitten on the side near the ribcage area. It probably happened while I was working in the garage with my shirt off. At first glance it looked like a normal spider bite, but as time progressed it developed this really nasty looking purple ring that was way larger than the area of the bite. It also made me feel a bit woozy and disoriented later on. It eventually just went away after a day or so. It wasn't until later after doing some reading that I realized it was a BW bite based on the symptoms mentioned. From what I gather fatality rates from their bites are actually pretty low.

Rattlesnake or brown recluse.. I'm running from the hills.

Messages In This Thread