rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having a Crisis of Faith

Having a Crisis of Faith

Gentlemen,

I'd like to preface this post with a little bit of background. I am 22 years old, have been reading about and studying game since I was 17. Made major strides and improvements; had a few LTR's, have a mini-harem, notch count to date is at 51 (I'm not including a few embarrassingly ugly/fat chicks I took down in times of desperation), etc etc. I have a book shelf full of game-related material: Bang, Models, Gorilla Mindset, Rational Male, Art of Seduction, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Day Bang, The Game, The Rules of The Game, Mystery Method, Way of the Superior Man. I have torrented and watched the entire RSD video bootcamp series such as Blueprint Decoded and Foundations. I have subscribed to and listened to every episode of the Christian McQueen show (and his new iteration: A Man in Demand Radio), The Good Looking Loser Podcast, RSD podcasts, Mike CF's Danger and Play Podcast. I have read essentially every single article on Good Looking Loser, Roosh V, Return of Kings, Danger and Play, Real Christian McQueen. Avid creeper of many pua/game forums. I'm a member of the RSD inner-circle Edmonton chapter and I am an esteemed member with many people asking me for advice and mentorship. I go out clubbing 5 nights a week, sober, rolling dolo about half the time (but inevitably seeing many friends out when I go). I daygame about 2-5 days a week but always with a wing. I'll admit solo daygame is still a bit of an issue for me. Game had changed my life for the better and I am incredibly grateful I have came across this community of top-shelf, cream-of-the-crop men.

And now that I have sufficiently pumped my own tires, I am here to tell you that I am having a major crisis of faith.

I have a good friend that does not study game. He is very handsome. 100+ likes of pictures on Instagram handsome. Girls constantly texting him asking/begging him to hang out. Girls constantly snap chatting him sexual pictures of their bodies asking him to come over. I met up with him last night at a club and it was a big group of us. He doesn't study game so he has to drink alcohol in order to talk to girls he doesn't know. And by talk I mean respond. This guy has not done a single cold approach in his life as far as I know. Girls come up to him and say shit like "hey I think I have you on instagram, your name's Ty right?" or "I'm pretty sure I've seen you around before, what's your name?"
Anyways, almost every set I open the girls end up giving all the attention to him. In fact, some sets last night were blatantly fighting over him right in front of all of us. Girls shamelessly go after him. I see a really hot girl and I open her and start chatting a little bit. He is standing next to me and after a minute or so she looks over at him and does the typical "I think I've seen you before, what's your name?" She then was stuck to his hip like glue. Other girls are walking by and trying to grab his hand and giving him massive DHV spikes. He took that gorgeous smokeshow home last night and he sent me some snapchats in the morning of her sleeping naked in his bed. Nothing really hit me until I woke up and saw those snapchats. Thats when I got hit with a wave of strong jealously and game-denialism happening inside of me.

I do not want to beat a dead horse with the looks vs game debate. I have actually posted in a thread a while back and had discussions with forum veterans such as WIA about the importance of looks. I suppose the reason I'm posting this thread is because I want positive reinforcement from you guys saying "don't worry, game is still more important - looks don't matter that much." I have invested so much time and effort into game just to have my paradigm shattered by a good looking guy who gets girls to throw themselves at him with absolutely no effort on his part.
Surely someone else on this forum has had experience with a friend like this and can chime in with some insight. I could really use some insight on this, brothers, because I want to keep moving forward but this stupid hang-ups I have about looks is really starting to bother me.

Grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference

Messages In This Thread