rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to approach working in a hospital as a young man?

How to approach working in a hospital as a young man?

Quote: (03-28-2016 12:43 PM)thedarkknight Wrote:  

A problem has come up

Issue
Getting some shit from two of my female newbie doctors. I've been called selfish and not a team player. Not "the most hard-working" as I seem to leave near or close to my allocated time. The funny thing is.... I come the hospital half an hour early and I get up 3 hours before work to study. I leave my social phone at home so I can focus at work. Pfft.

Response
Have I ever endangered patient safety? Have I ever been told off by a superior? Am I incompetent? As the answer is always no to those three questions, fuck'em.

I'm here for my patients,not to pander to emotionally insecure co-workers.

Any advice?

If it's cropping up in conversations: Agree and Amplify.

"Yes, I indeed do not have to work hard, because I look after my patients so well that I don't have to spend two hours after work just to fix the mess made in the morning."

"Yes, I am indeed lazy. I'm so lazy that I make sure my patients are on properly managed, because I prefer not to spend two hours after my shift fixing up sloppy mistakes that should not have been made in the first place."

"Yes, I am not a team player. I'm that good a doctor, I don't need colleagues dragging me down."

"Yes, I'm incompetent, that's why all my patients have already died yesterday, they just haven't got the memo yet."

"Yes, I'm selfish. I'm so selfish that the hospital is going to give me an award for it."

Don't bother with logic and reasonable arguments, it won't work on females. Just agree, and then amplify. If you can't think of a good amplification, just opt for something utterly ridiculous as your amplification : "Yes, I am a danger to my patients. This is something I deeply ponder whenever I parachute into southern Afghanistan."

Messages In This Thread