rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to approach working in a hospital as a young man?

How to approach working in a hospital as a young man?

2 Months in. Spent 3 weeks in Acute Medicine and 5 weeks in Geris.

1) Loads of the consultants have huge egos.
2) Many of the seniors are super insecure. Any signs of disagreement are taken as personal insults
3) Most of the female staff talk and complain way too much
4) Junior doctors - especially the females- behave like spoiled brats and think they are the center of the universe. Every sentence starts with the letter 'I'
5) Some consultants like asking very niche, exam type questions just to make you feel bad or to make them feel good. If you're gonna ask a question, make sure the person can figure it out.
6) Consultant meetings are basically platforms for consultants to suck each other off and arenas for them to look "smart" and "important" and "special"

I see my ward job on Geris as a tool to earn money and develop a good bedside manner. My side interests are two research projects in academic Rhematology that i'm working on in my spare time.

Thanks

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you"

Messages In This Thread