rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is game becoming harder/Smartphones

Is game becoming harder/Smartphones

Some backstory - I didn't get laid until I was 18. I was a super omega kid in high school but then upgraded to beta doormat. I was the BFF orbiter of this amazingly gorgeous girl in college who eventually let me put it in her for a few months. The next year I dated another girl who was way out of my league. Now I had no game at this time. I was a brainwashed college kid who acted as an emotional pincushion for these girls, wanted to cuddle, actively pushed for relationships, etc. Yet both these girls were some of the hottest girls I've ever been with.

Right after college I had my longest relationship (2 years) with a girl who wasn't as hot as the other 2, but who had done some modeling work and cleaned up well. I have to reiterate that I was still a major beta chump, spending all my money on her and letting her wear the pants. When we split up I had my first true taste of red pill rage and I discovered the manosphere. I also studied up on game as a means to either get her back or to try and find a new girl.

But somewhere around 3-4 years ago I noticed the girls I was getting just weren't up to the standard I had. I tried online dating and each girl was worse than the last. In the span of about 6 months I went on about 15 dates - The first girl was out of my league for my level of game, but by the end I was scraping the bottom of the barrel (Read: SIFs and uggos), and even these girls wouldn't kiss me or return calls after the date. I eventually got into a 3 year relationship with a girl I met in person who was the ugliest girl I had dated long-term, but who felt I was out of her league and therefore did her best to please me. It was settling, pure and simple.

We broke up about a year ago and my life is much different. I'm older, making more money, going to the gym and looking better, and my confidence levels are much higher than they've ever been. I find it easier to talk to people and be more bold. Yet I'm having the worst time gaming girls. I do have to say that I've had two of the easiest lays of my life during this time, though. But surprise surprise, they were just okay. The last of these happened this weekend - The girl was in her early 30's and not in the best shape. When she left I just thought to myself "This is seriously the best I can do?"

But it's not just me who notices this. I have some single friends who are finding it harder and harder to build rapport with girls. Most of them are stand-offish, if not straight up abrasive. There's a bar/club I used to go to about 5 years ago where I'd have no trouble dancing with girls and getting number/kiss closes. But I began going back there since being single and the level of bitch shield in the place has skyrocketed. This weekend I got chewed out by a 5 for trying to talk to her and her friend of similarly average looks. I also began online dating again 2 months ago and have had zero dates, when just 3-4 years ago I managed to have a couple a month.

I'm wondering if smartphones have something to do with it. Since the proliferation of these opiates for the masses I've found it tougher to connect to people. A smartphone gives a girl all the validation she needs - Why should she talk to most people when she has social media to keep her entertained? It's also hard to open a girl when she's got her phone up to her face and doing whatever it is she's doing. A lot of times while texting girls they'll just disappear in the middle of a conversation and never come back. I've NEVER had that happen to me until about a few years ago. But why would she concentrate on one conversation when someone she likes more could email, call, text, IM, tweet, Instagram, etc. her on one device?

So yeah, anyone else noticing that their returns are very disproportionate to the level of game they have?

Messages In This Thread