rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

16 years old, need help deciding on career paths
6 years old, need help deciding on career paths
Quote: (08-10-2015 10:38 PM)Cortés Wrote:  

Quote: (08-10-2015 10:16 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I probably will at least go backpacking through Latin America before I make the leap to live there.

From my observations, there's is a correlation between a college degree and the amount of working hours....

Thanks for your response, yours especially raises some great thinking points and questions!
The number of working hours has always been a concern of mine as well. That's why I talked about having a plan for NOT working. If you don't set up that time for yourself, NO ONE will do it for you. They all want you working on something, either WITH them or FOR them. Hardly ANYONE figures how how to get free time as early as possible in life. Good idea.

Also, the military idea is decent as well, maybe not cryptograhy, network security or the like if they have it might be good and transferable.

Six years sounds like a lot, but as I thought when I went to grad school, what ELSE will you be doing in that time? If it's scrambling around with shitty full time jobs and you have nothing at 24 -- which is a pretty strong possibility-- the military idea is good--24 is still very young, and I didn't feel a LOT of physical decline until late 30s.

You might even get a station that's enjoyable, and then I think it's half pay after 20 years, which is only 38-- total retirement at 38. Almost unheard of.

Messages In This Thread