rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

16 years old, need help deciding on career paths
6 years old, need help deciding on career paths
Quote: (08-10-2015 10:07 PM)Cortés Wrote:  

Quote: (08-10-2015 09:56 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I taught English abroad after getting a TEFL certificate, the CELTA.

You have to be very careful about where you work and the deal. Basically the only place to work with no experience and make decent money seems to be Korea or Japan, for which you have to apply well in advance. I don't know if they accept 18 year olds, look into it. Saudi Arabia or the other gulf states may be another option for you if you really want to save up money.

Look at http://www.eslcafe.com for their forums.

From what I understand, You need at the very least a bachelors degree to teach in those countries. I've read that In china you don't need a degree and you earn at most 20,000 usd. However compared to the cost of living thats a decent salary. And thanks for the link, I'll do my research there!

Makes sense, Korea yea that is true.

Had you thought of any particular country or region that would allow you to save money?

Teaching English abroad can be a great way to just see the world and kinda slum it if you're young, and if you want to do that - cool.

But as an 18 year old with no experience, think about it, who would really hire you and pay you good money? What reason would they have to pay you a good salary when there are at least people with experience floating around the world as well? If you want actual money and not just barely-scrape-by money, you need to provide actual value.

Messages In This Thread