rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

16 years old, need help deciding on career paths
6 years old, need help deciding on career paths
I’m entering junior year in high school in a little over a month. I have been putting a lot of thought into potential careers ever since i found Roosh’s works, this forum, the manosphere, etc, which was about a year ago. I’m extremely adventurous and I hate things being routine, so obviously I know I want a job where it involves traveling and going to new places. Here is the list of potential career paths i could take:

Plan #1: Get a TEFL certification immediately out of High school, teach english, save up and eventually invest in property

Personally, I believe this is the best career path for me. The countries that I mainly want to live in are Brazil, Colombia, China, Mexico, Spain, and Peru. Most of these countries have a decent to good demand for English teachers, and from my research you don’t need a degree to teach, and you are qualified with a TEFL cert. And yes, I do understand this job has more of a ‘break-even’ salary, however all I need to be happy is a decent apartment, a gym membership, hot girls, and a beach, not some fancy 4K TV, designer clothes and a video game addiction. However, I understand that as I get older i’ll need to be earning a little more money to retire and invest. My plan is to save small chunks of my salary for about 10ish years, and then when i’m in my thirties I will invest in real estate. Also, this path gives me the option to go backpacking/couchsurfing around Europe for years without fucking over the progress I made in my career.

Plan #2: Teach english for 4-5 years, go to flight school and become an airline pilot

The idea of becoming an airline pilot seems so badass. Once you get enough experience, you essentially go to new places for a living. My family seems to like this one, I think it’s because its a stable and successful career that they can brag to others about, but I’m not sure. The pay is good, but at first you’re given shitloads of hours, flying to places that other pilots don’t want to, and don’t get paid shit. But once you get past that, you’ve truly made it. You will get paid a good salary to fly to a new country every week and bang flight attendants. But there are more problems with this career. I would have to go to a flight school and go in debt, only to start out my career being treated like shit from management and earn 20k annually. Also, With the exception of China, I would need citizenship to live in a country that I want to live in (Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, etc). Most likely I’d work for a middle eastern airline because of the pay and lifestyle is apparently good. One solution around this is to teach english for a little while in south america and then go to flight school.

Plan #3: Go to college, study comp sci, work as an engineer

Honestly, this option sounds awful to me. But EVERYBODY is telling me to follow this route. Everybody. My parents, brothers, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, guidance counselors, teachers, you name it. Why? Cause its stable and pays for the materialistic lifestyle that they all desire. Honestly, 40-60 hours a week in exchange for a salary that’s higher than what I need is not appealing to me. Also, I would be in debt from college. However, there are two good reasons that I can think of that might lead me down this path. I can telecommute from anywhere, essentially giving me the ability to pick up and move wherever the fuck I want to. Also, its not as important but I get 4 years to fuck college chicks who are in their prime and have fun. I do understand this is not a reason to go to college but its a perk. But another problem is my grades are inconsistent. Freshman year, I got near perfect grades as I believed it was my “destiny” to be the smartest kid in the grade or some cheesy shit like that. However, I got frustrated and quit giving a shit about school and my grades dropped quite a bit. Not enough where I struggle to get into ANY college, but to the point where I couldn’t get into a decent school without scholarship money like my brother, who I know I will inevitably be compared to for as long as I live (almost a full ride to a liberal arts school. Major: undecided xD). Sorry for digressing, but I figure it's important for assessing my personality.

Plan #4: Out of high school get certified and become a personal trainer

I actually like this path because it pays decently and it provides a flexible career path that allows me to work in many cities in the US and Europe. I’m already decently big as i’m 155 and 5’8” (At least for my age). If I did this path I would probably work as a trainer for a few years in either Miami or Montreal, as they are my two favorite cities in North America (And yes I’m aware of the chaos in Montreal over the weekend), and then move abroad to teach english.

So those are the 4 main choices I am considering. Are any of these realistic? If you were in my position what would you do? Any advice is appreciated. Also, If it is of any importance to anything, I can get EU citizenship through spain because of ancestry, so no worrying about getting visas or anything like that in europe.

Ps. Please don’t interpret this as “choose my path for me”. I just need to start thinking about my future and would rather get advice from you guys than my parents. And also I'm new to posting so if theres anything wrong let me know

Thanks guys!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

2019 COLOMBIA MOTORCYCLE TRIP DATASHEET

Messages In This Thread