rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BATTLE OF TORONTO: Pre-operations

BATTLE OF TORONTO: Pre-operations

Quote: (08-14-2015 10:32 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

I wonder how the twitter tweeter mom...Sarah feels that Dinovo has stolen her spotlight and assumed the limelight on this whole thing.

This Cheri DiNovo isn't credible on anything having to do with "rape." She should recuse herself from this matter entirely.

DiNovo claims to have been sexually assaulted twice in her life. If we take her at her word (and we should), that's still very unusual statistically. Even if we take the "1-in-5 women are raped" statistic as truth (though it's been repeatedly discredited as wildly exaggerated), how many women are raped twice in their lifetimes, by different people? I'm sure that's a tiny number, even by the most unscientific numbers.

Cheri DiNovo clearly has unresolved psychological issues with her own experiences with sexual assault. While, as a human being, I extend her some measure of empathy, her insistence on placing herself in this manufactured conversation about "rape culture" is intellectually dishonest and politically opportunistic (and I'll add that Roosh has been, in a sick twist of irony, disingenuously forced into that discussion, since rape isn't his message in this speech, and never has been). By her own admission, DiNovo distrusts all men (see below). This is not a person that should be speaking on any matters involving the public, but especially this issue.

Cheri DiNovo is a minor politician trying to score political points at the expense of a non-issue stirred up by non-entities who are lying about the nature of a minor event. This thing fails the smell test from top to bottom.

I'm certain she will lose more support from this foolhardy political stunt than she will gain from it. She's siding with opponents of free speech and outright criminals against a simple gathering of ordinary guys. All because she still can't trust men--as she states in her own words--after her tragic experiences decades ago.

Quote:Quote:

Cheri DiNovo, Ontario NDP MPP, Says She Was Raped

Ontario New Democrat MPP Cheri DiNovo says she was the victim of sexual assault on two separate occasions.

DiNovo, a United Church of Canada minister who has represented the Toronto riding of Parkdale-High Park since 2006, shared the revelations in an interview with Maclean's reporter Genna Buck, published online Tuesday.

The MPP said both assaults happened in her 20s and were not reported to the police.

DiNovo said the first incident involved an ex-boyfriend who chased her around the house after she said she did not want to have sex.

"I wouldn’t say he was violent exactly, but it was violence without having bruises. Finally, I just kind of succumbed," she said. "It was rape. There was no question about it. I didn’t tell anybody. I walked away and life went on. I'm a Baby Boomer, and I think for my generation it was just a common thing."

The second incident involved a stranger holding a knife to her neck in an alleyway and fondling her.

"So I've experienced both the 'stranger danger' version and the 'best friend' version of sexual assault," she told Maclean's.

[Image: attachment.jpg27719]   

Quote:Quote:

‘Finally, I just kind of succumbed. It was rape’

Excerpted from above:

The experience made me more guarded. It makes you—and this is probably true of a lot of women of my generation—you never really trust men. And I think that’s a pretty sad statement. I also felt a lot of guilt. I felt guilty for breaking up with him and breaking his heart. Maybe, somewhere deep in my psyche, I believed that this was what I deserved.

[Image: attachment.jpg27721]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread