rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 2015 Canadian Federal Election Thread

The 2015 Canadian Federal Election Thread

My riding is NDP to the core. The Liberals and Green party are almost on par. The Cons are about double the Libs and Greens, but nowhere near the NDP. If my electoral district gets split up like it should, it would be a different story. Half my riding is small business and half is aging boomers sitting on $billions of real estate.

Its also traditionally Latin, with a large percentage of second generation Chinese. The Chinese go for the vote where it helps business, and their MLA's are tireless always out walking around, talking to business owners and being an excellent presence in the neighborhoods.

I used to vote Liberal under Chretien. Then reluctantly went over to Harper, and while he has not completely won me over I do give him a lot more credit than most people here. Its odd, even the most level headed men I know get all up yelling Fuck Harper. When questioned, they have no real reason it seems. Mumble something about lakes and rivers, C-51 or something.

Politics does not seem to effect me much either way, but I am a patriot and like nothing more than to see a strong, balanced Canada. I will admit a lot of what I am seeing lately, from the now all out attack of the CBC against anything not aligned with the left, to entitled and spoiled citizens making a huge fuss over nothing. Perhaps an economic retardation after an NDP win and then a long 15 year recovery a la BC is not the worst thing to happen.

Messages In This Thread