rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Personal and Professional Advice

Personal and Professional Advice

As a fellow Indian, my advice would be to stick to your current job till you have the new offer in hand.

So first things first, don't quit anything because you're emotionally drained as it is.

But during this time, don't just while it away in worrying.

Instead, focus on what is that is making you so worried?

You say your parents are not forcing you to get married and we both know how lucky you are on that count in our country.

You say its because of the lady boss, but what's to say some other factor won't pop up when you go in for any other job?

The problem is never the job, it's always you.

I'll tell you where the pressure of staying in a job originates - It originates from stupid desires to BUY things.

In India, the concept of minimalism is completely unheard of and even laughed at.
And yet, the consumerist attitude of our people is one of the major factors in why they lead such depressed fucking lives.

They're happy to spend a million or two in a wedding, and then whine when they are unable to source enough money for their daily living.

So have you got your mental and lifestyle based concepts clear?

I don't think so.

You need to think deeper about what it is that you really want to do.

I'll give you my own example.

I had somewhat supportive parents so I quit faking things and always quit jobs to follow my passion.

I failed and failed again till about 2 years back I finally started to get things right.

Now I run a solo photography business that I simply love.

But it's not just about finding something you love and then doing it. The main battle was won because every damn day I THOUGHT about what I really wanted out of life.

I realised after MBA that I was different from all my peers. I never wanted cars and gadgets and other BS.

I just wanted to do something which I was happy doing.

I adopted a minimalistic approach towards life and it catapulted my entrepreneurial journey because I was never stressed in an unhealthy way.

Even now I don't spend any money unless its on something I REALLY value.

Most of my money goes in investing back into my business and marketing it.

So my answer to you would be to find your true nature and narrow down on a kind of life you want to live and only focus on that.

When you realise you need very less to be happy, it'll take away most of your worries.

In India, you can live at a very low cost of living and that is something that is a blessing in disguise if you know what you are doing.

Live a minimalist lifestyle, enjoy the small pleasures and then get the hell out of here. That's exactly what I'm doing.

And make sure you pay a lot of attention to your personal development factors like grooming, hygiene, how you look, working out etc. In India, I've got a massive advantage over anyone else because I pay attention to these things and my appearance is enough to command respect. This is one aspect ignored by almost 90% of Indian guys and that is exactly why you have to pounce on it. You'll see how easy life gets for you when you look sharp.

Messages In This Thread