rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Personal and Professional Advice

Personal and Professional Advice

Asian-American here - so I understand the "looking out for your parents" thing.

But - have you talked to them about that, and the rest of your issues? If your parents are like mine, more than likely, what they want more for you more than anything else is financial security and children, assuming you don't have them already. And my guess is they would be fine with you going to another city - and maybe even abroad outside of India - if it gives you both.

Note that I'm not saying you have to give them grandchildren now, or even ever. On that note, you may also find that your parents' wishes for you are in conflict with your own desires. As I explained in my relocation thread, my mother was against me leaving the US, but I think she was able to accept the fact that if she ever wanted a suitable mother for her grandchildren, I was more likely to find one abroad than in the US. For you, financial security and/or better women may be easier to obtain in another city or abroad, even temporarily.

Messages In This Thread