rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has Anyone Done Lasek or PRK?

Has Anyone Done Lasek or PRK?

A couple months back I had an eye test and I asked the opthamologist if I'd be a good candidate for Lasek, she said that because of my astigmatism and farsightedness I would probably not be suited for the surgery.

A couple of weeks after my eye tests I did some research online. Many of the blogs/forums I perused gave me conflicting information: some said I would be ideal for Lasek, and others said that the surgery could be too risky/ineffective.

Some of the forums said that Lasek/PRK had similar outcomes to Lasik surgery with nearsighted patients. Others said that it could 3 weeks for your eyes to feel normal again after the surgery. They also mentioned that the results could be short-lived.

If anyone has had the surgery, were you satisfied with results? How long was your R&R period? Have you dealt with any negative complications after the surgery? What was the cost associated with the surgery?

My Farsightness ranges from + 3.00 - + 4.00 in both eyes. Meanwhile my astigmatism is x5.

Messages In This Thread