rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recording yourself (a sort of non-published video diary)

Recording yourself (a sort of non-published video diary)

Quote: (07-22-2015 06:45 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

You've got a goldmine of guys here who would give you honest feedback on videos you might otherwise be embarrased to share with people.

I wouldn't post them publicly on the forum if you're looking for sensible feedback, of course - aside from privacy concerns you may have, too much noise from a wide range of posters whose background you don't know (Though I have seen one newbie do that and got great feedback he used to change his life). But sharing them with ones you trust if they're up for it could be beneficial.

For example, I recently joined a Line group of some the more solid members here. I was iffy about my hairline because I've always had a bit of widow's peak and wasn't sure if it was getting more pronounced as I push towards 35. Thought it might be time to shave it and wanted it straight.

Simple share with the group sorted me out and told me where I stand. As long as you're not asking someone to spend hours watching footage of you as you run about your daily life I'm sure you can do something very similar.

I could see the value in what you want to do, though. Private Youtube videos should be enough unless you're super worried about someone cracking in there and embarrasing you.

I think the idea of taking action to keep yourself accountable and not bullshit yourself is an excellent one. I think Beyond Borders' idea to share it with a group of men that will give it to you straight who have no need to lie to you, or equally to put you down unnecessarily, is a fantastic one.

Even if it is just some trivial shit, for example I'm growing some facial hair at the moment and whilst I like it, have no idea if it actually enhances my look, being able to share it with people who are interested in your opinion and don't need to put you down - particularly the older guys here, is a hell of a resource. If you just record it and look at yourself, you're potentially too close to it (as has been said) to make an informed decision. Being able to share aspects of yourself you're trying to work on with guys who are interested in you improving yourself (again, particularly the older ones), might be a far better way of getting objective feedback, assuming you're tough enough to be told something you might not be wanting to hear...

Messages In This Thread